Our manufacturing client with multiple facilities in the Chicagoland area is seeking a Quality Engineer to implement, maintain, and evaluate the company’s supplier quality control programs. Designs, installs, and evaluates quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques; designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; analyzes production and service limitations and standards; recommends revision of specifications when indicated; formulates or helps formulate quality assurance policies and procedures. Conducts training on quality assurance concepts and tools both internal and external to supply base. Interfaces with all other engineering components within the organization and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues. Will also assist in corrective/preventative action, auditing and continuous improvement activities of the company, both internal and external with suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain test result files, certificates of analysis, statistical data, product retains and other required documentation
- Review and approve gearbox products including document packages from overseas suppliers
- Provide support to purchasing relating to supplier audits and improvement related visits
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work areas
- Drive continual improvement (Lean-Sigma)
- Maintain related records and files in up-to-date condition
- Implement and monitor quality policies
- Report quality data/results to management
- Program & CMM and other inspection related equipment
- Train others as needed on quality topics
- Ensure that all QC activities comply with company Operating Procedures
- Assist the Senior Quality Assurance Leader in training employees on basic & advances quality techniques
- Monitor supplier performance and follow up on corrective actions
- Evaluate Statistical data and make recommendations to leadership on ways to improve manufacturing and inspection processes
- Assist manufacturing supervisors in achieving quality results and the capability of those processes under their control
- Identify trends in product, process or quality non-conformances, which require corrective prevention action
- Assemble PPAP and of documentation packages
- Participate in APQP
- Perform internal and supplier quality audits
- Maintain records and conduct periodic evaluations
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of college coursework completed along with other relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of college coursework completed along with other relevant experience.
- Additional training in formal quality systems standards
- Should have a minimum of 5+ years of previous academic or quality lab experience.
- Automotive gearing experience is preferred.
- Experienced with LEAN and 6-Sigma improvement tools
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Mini-Tab.
Salary: $80K - 90K/Year
*This position will require occasional travel to suppliers, both domestic and international.
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer