We are partnering with our manufacturing client in Lombard in their search for a Grinding Machinist for all shift (1st/2nd/3rd)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As Grinding Machinist, this position is to:
- Set up, adjust and operate internal and/or external grinders to grind surfaces of exacting dimensional and finish requirements. Select wheels, feeds and speeds
- Loads and unloads own machine, assists and instructs others per supervisor’s request
- Operate, adjust and upload equipment as necessary
- Meets quality standards and does setups on all assigned jobs
- Ensure all projects/parts comply with required specifications and meet quality standards
- Checks own work to ensure it is meeting process and blueprint requirements
- Perform quality checks daily and assists with duties as needed
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have 5+ years related experience/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with tools including wrenches and socket wrenches, pneumatic drills.
- Experience building, engines, pumps, hydraulics, motors, tool use and demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to bend, lift and move easily
- Applicant must be dependable, hardworking and detail oriented with a good work history
- The ability to handle high stress associated with high activity with tight deadlines.
Hours: Monday - Friday (OT/Weekends required as needed)
This is a Contract-to-Hire contract position.
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer