We are partnering with our manufacturing client in Addison, IL in their search for a Turning Machinist for 2nd Shift & 3rd Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As Turning Machinist, this position is to:
- set-up assigned production equipment without supervisor’s instructions
- Loads and unloads own machine, assists and instructs others per supervisor’s request
- Operate, adjust and upload equipment as necessary
- Follow all safety requirements at all times
- Maintain equipment and cleanliness of working area
- Perform quality checks daily and assist with duties as needed
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Two to three years related experience/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have related experience with VTL (Vertical Lathe Operator)
- Experience with tools including wrenches and socket wrenches, pneumatic drills.
- Experience building, engines, pumps, hydraulics, motors, tool use and demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to bend, lift and move easily
- Applicant must be dependable, hardworking and detail oriented with a good work history
- The ability to handle high stress environment with high activity with tight deadlines.
Hours: Monday - Friday (OT/Weekends required as needed) 2nd Shift/3rd Shift needed
This is a Contract-to-Hire contract position.
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer