We are partnering with our manufacturing client in Addison, IL in their search for a Bevels Machinist for 2nd Shift to set up, adjust and operate either manual or NC/CNC bevel gear generators, producing a variety of close tolerance bevel and spiral bevel gears.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As Bevels Machinist, this position is to:
- loads and unloads own machine, assists and instructs others per supervisor’s request
- operate, adjust and upload equipment as necessary
- meets quality standards and does setups on all assigned jobs
- ensure all projects/parts comply with required specifications and meet quality standards
- checks own work to insure it is meeting process and blueprint requirements
- follow all safety requirements at all times
- maintain equipment and cleanliness of working area
- Preform quality checks daily and assist with duties as needed
- Complete related documentation
- Able to test and lap gear sets
- Perform calculations to determine feeds and speeds and to adjust index gearing and generator settings
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have 5+ year related experience/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with tools including wrenches and socket wrenches, pneumatic drills.
- Experience building, engines, pumps, hydraulics, motors, tool use and demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to bend, lift and move easily
- Applicant must be dependable, hardworking and detail oriented with a good work history
- The ability to handle high-stress environment with high activity with tight deadlines.
Hours: Monday - Friday (OT/Weekends required as needed)
This is a Contract-to-Hire contract position.
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer