We are looking for 2ND shift Welders to start ASAP in the manufacturing plant in Carol Stream, IL. Under general direction of the Floor Leader- Fabrication, is responsible for operating welding machinery to weld per specifications and standard operating procedures.
Essential Role Responsibilities:
- Operates and completes set-ups on welding machinery, troubleshoots and makes adjustments to the equipment as necessary.
- Performs welding processes to include but not limited to: joining, polishing, surfacing and fabricating 20 through 16 gauge stainless steel sheet metal parts and aluminum.
- Handles and positions work with/without fixtures, selects proper electrodes, regulates current pressure and time as necessary.
- Works with Floor Leaders to ensure quality control on product lines and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Reports concerns, issues, and shortages to appropriate Leader in timely manner.
- Ensures proper finish according to blueprints, routing, and bill of materials.
- Maintains clean and functional work stations and the adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Team Leader(s).
Essential Skills & Role Qualifications:
- Organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. ability to navigate Windows).
- Must be self-motivated, a team player with the ability to work in multi-task environment.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, calipers, squares, test equipment, micrometers, and in-circuit testers.
- Action and detail oriented, results driven, ability to make decisions, work independently and as a team.
- Ability to differentiate colors, use basic hand tools, read engineering blueprints and bill of materials.
- Ability to operate most fabrication equipment, and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of production/quality standards, and assembly procedures/processes (Preferred).
- High School Diploma and/ or G.E.D; additional education preferred.
- 1-2 years fabrication experience and knowledge in foodservice manufacturing industry preferred.
- 2-4 years knowledge and experience with machine operation/set-ups, fabrication equipment to include: drill presses, press brakes, grinders, and de-burring machines.
- Foodservice manufacturing industry (Preferred).
Work Conditions & Safety
- Physical Requirements: Ability to sit or stand at assembly work cells for up to 4 hours at time
- Must be able to lift/carry/pull up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Must be able to perform Team Lift to lift/pull/push/carry up to 80 pounds
- Work Conditions are normal for a fabrication manufacturing environment
- Work environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety goggles, steel toe shoes/ boots, hearing protections, protective sleeves, gloves, and aprons
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer