We are looking for a 2nd shift Maintenance Technician to start in our clients' food manufacturing facility in Burr Ridge, IL.
- Install, operate and maintain cooking, packaging and bagging equipment (conveyors, kettles, poppers, VFFS, fillers, labelers, coding systems & inspection equipment);
- Develop and perform preventative maintenance on equipment to reduce failure;
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing failures;
- Ability to tig weld stainless steel and solder copper pipe;
- Facility repairs up to and including; painting, replacing light bulbs, pallet rack repairs, etc.;
- Understand drawings, equipment manuals and P&IDs;
- Assess work orders, plan jobs, and kit full jobs;
- Use lean manufacturing principles to improve communication and problem solving;
- Utilize a CMMS system to accurately document work performed;
- Maintain accurate inventory levels by checking out parts and reordering by issuing parts requests;
- Basic computer skills;
- Knowledge of GMP’s and follow all food safety guidelines.
- H.S Diploma or other relevant work experience;
- 3+ years of experience in a maintenance role;
- Be able to work with 240V/480V;
- Understand how to read a schematic;
- Have an understanding of plumbing, mechanical, and pneumatics (Preferred);
- Be able to do basic PLC troubleshooting (Preferred);
- Experience in a performance-based environment (lean, six sigma, TPS) is a plus:
- Experience in food manufacturing or high volume fulfillment operations is a plus:
Hours: 2nd shift
Azimuth, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.