We are looking for a full-time Slitter Operator, responsible for setting up and operating a slitter machine according to customer specifications and work orders to join our clients' team in Bedford Park, IL.
- Inspecting arbor and overarm setups to ensure compliance with production instructions;
- Reconciling coil identity to production and load coil;
- Threading coil through slitter-head, cropping all non-complying material;
- Reviewing and recording gauge, width, hardness, camber, burr and surface condition and ensure compliance with production instructions;
- Setting gauge monitoring system (if applicable) and ensuring gauge calibration;
- Threading steel mults into recoiler;
- Adjusting leveler to correct any shape defects as needed through slitting;
- Running coils at maximum speed, ensuring efficiency and accuracy;
- Monitoring strip conditions, gauge as required, and ensure customer specifications;
- Identifying slit mults in compliance with production and completing all documentation;
- Removing scrap from machine regularly and empty hoppers as needed;
- Communicating non-compliance production or quality problems to supervisor and/or shift lead.
Azimuth, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Knowledge of current crane and forklift operation preferred;
- Ability to perform complete setup and operational tasks of slitting to ensure compliance with the customer specifications;
- Ability to read and follow all work order instructions and complete necessary documentation;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors/management of the production team;
- Ability to work with little supervision;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.