We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Associate to start at our client in Batavia, IL. In this role, you will ensure distribution functions performed within the warehouse necessary to service the division stores.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibility for Action
- Cooperates and interacts effectively through ongoing communication and exchange of information.
- Cooperatively works with all warehouse associates and communicates relevant information allowing them to safely and effectively fulfill their duties.
- Provides input to the warehouse management regarding changes to improve the operation.
- Consults with warehouse management regarding product quality, safety concerns and sanitation issues.
- Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently and within the warehouse policy and procedures.
- Acts and decides independently within the delegated area of responsibility.
- Works in a manner that is consistent with the policies and procedures as outlined in the warehouse employee handbook.
- Communicates appropriately with Warehouse Supervisors and other warehouse employees.
- Accurate and efficient product order selection and receiving based on store demands and product handling guidelines.
- Performs general cleaning duties to achieve warehouse appearance standards and safety requirements.
- Follows the ergonomic program according to established procedures.
- Operation of warehouse equipment according to safety guidelines in performance of essential job functions.
- Assists warehouse management in achieving budgeted goals.
- Participates in taking warehouse inventory counts according to guidelines.
Education and Experience
Hours: rotating schedule
- At least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- The skill of selecting products efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to move merchandise from warehouse stock and prepare the product for store deliveries: the ability to place products weighing up to 45 pounds on pallets at various heights.
- Ability to operate powered industrial equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to maintain warehouse standards for cleanliness.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and/or apply warehouse operating policies and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communications needed.
- The skill of performing basic arithmetic equations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to follow instructions and give attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the warehouse.
3rd shift - 12A-8A
1st shift - 7A-2P
2nd shift - 3P-11P
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer