We are looking for a Quality Assurance Technician responsible for monitoring packaging operations for food safety, regulatory and quality compliance to start in Addison, IL.
- Conduct audits of facility conditions and GMPs.
- Documents and ensures the material is either held or reconditioned to meet specifications
- Conduct verification of process monitoring equipment for food safety.
- Perform product inspections, organoleptic testing, audits and collect study data.
- Perform net contents sampling and monitor for compliance.
- Perform quality inspections on in-process and finished product against specifications.
- Perform sensory evaluations of components and finished goods.
- Coach site personnel in GMPs, product specifications and sanitary condition standards.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Hours: Monday to Friday - 1st and 2nd Shift (8 Hour Shift)
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED; Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a science discipline preferred;
- 3+ years of experience in food manufacturing (Required);
- 1 year Quality Assurance experience (Required);
- Knowledge of GMPs and HACCP are required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and quality decision making.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and iOS
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software preferred.
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer