We are looking for 1st and 2nd shift Machine Operators responsible for the safe and efficient operation/change-over of various types of packaging equipment to start in our clients' facility in Chicago, IL.
- Make minor adjustments to assigned packaging equipment with safety, quality, morale, costs and customer emphasis;
- Perform proper set-up of packaging equipment in an effective and timely manner;
- Continuous attention to the quality of product - constant inspection and adjustment;
- Complete necessary SPC transactions accurately and timely;
- Continuous technical learning;
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal skills to enable business objectives;
- Perform any line operations to maintain flow of production including knowing standard speed and run speed;
- Support visual controls program and other continuous improvement programs as necessary;
- Exercise strong communication skills with supervisors, operators and support/leadership;
- Participate in Continuous Improvement programs such as suggestion program, kaizen teams, autonomous maintenance and other similar company initiatives;
- Follow all prescribed safety/housekeeping practices and procedures while identifying and escalating safety hazards on machinery and in work area to management with urgency
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- At least 2 years operating industrial machinery and preferably in a liquid fill environment;
- Interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member
- High school diploma or equivalent.
1st Shift 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
2nd Shift 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM
Azimuth, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.