We are partnering with our client in their search for an experienced Maintenance Technician to start in their Bensenville, IL facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform routine, repetitive daily inspection and maintenance necessary to the building’s exterior/interior
- Assists and performs skilled tasks of a general nature in connection with maintenance, repair and construction tasks in the upkeep of the buildings
- Assists and performs with installation, maintenance, repair and construction work in the basic building maintenance trades, such as carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, locksmith, carpet, and mechanics
- Assists and performs functions in the construction, installation, and maintenance of furniture, cabinets, shelving, marker boards/chalkboards, tack boards, pictures and a variety of other structures and items
- Performs warehouse duties in connection with receiving, storage and distribution of materials as follows: Receives warehouse goods and materials and checks them against purchase orders and delivery documentation to ensure the correctness of merchandise and proper condition
- Maintains warehouse and shelving in clean and orderly conditions
- Inspect properties and communicate with management regarding proper grounds keeping and general cleanup and maintenance, all areas are kept clean and in a safe condition
- Performs all emergency repairs when needed
- Oversees construction and repairs by other contractors in the facility.
- Keeps them on schedule
- Keeps Management up to date on progress. Constantly comes up with ideas to make the plant and offices better and more efficient
- Keeps an inventory of necessary spare parts on-hand to fix equipment that we can’t be without
- Prepares and paints walls and woodwork or performs other types of refinish; installs or repairs carpet; performs custodial duties as required
- Maintains accurate records of preventative maintenance schedules, and MSDS sheets.
- May perform weekly safety checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment for the patrons of the facility and to eliminate all hazards
- Comply with all FDA, HACCP, USDA, GMP, and State of Illinois requirements.
- Preferred 6 years of experience as a semi-skilled worker in one or more of the basic building maintenance trades and/or 6 years of experience in general maintenance of a facility
- Food Production Facility is preferred. Knowledge of manual and electrical hand tools
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours and weekend assignments
- Must be able to operate a forklift, light truck and other related motorized equipment
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
Hours: 1st Shift
Location: Bensenville, IL
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer