We are partnering with our 3PL client in their search for an experienced Tasker to start ASAP in the Shipping office in Plainfield, IL
The primary duty of this position is to expedite transactions through the warehouse management system. This position provides information and resolves issues with customers, carriers, and warehouse associates. The role may support the outbound, inbound, or parcel functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and utilize system screens to monitor and move workload through the system.
- Work closely with operations to identify and eliminate overages, shorts and damages causing inventory issues.
- Manage the scheduling of inbound carriers and the outbound shipping schedule by updating appropriate communication methods.
- Generate and utilize system reports and audit sheets to evaluate the shift progress.
- Communicate directly with the carrier(s) to ensure seamless physical and systematic transactions.
- Oversee exchange of parcel shipments from shipping dock to carrier's truck.
- Ensure completion of communication for change of shift. Plan, allocate, pick, manifest, and close daily waves of orders.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma and/or GED equivalent is required
- One (1) year experience in data entry and/or dispatch, preferred
- Basic understanding and application of Microsoft office suite
- Two to Four (2-4) years of experience in a Warehouse environment in the areas of shipping or receiving
- Must have experience working with a WMS system
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
Hours: Mon-Friday 8am-430pm
Location: Plainfield, IL
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer