We are looking for a Drawing Mill Operator to start ASAP in the Batavia, IL Warehouse
Specific responsibilities include:
- Sets up and operates drawing mills to draw wire to specified bar dimensions.
- Guides wire rod into Swager machine to swager down end of the material and then places material into pre-straightening rolls of drawing mill, locking into place.
- Uses controls and drawing wheels to tighten down wire rod to correct straightness then moves wire forward into the sanding unit.
- Places the correct sandpaper and insert guides into the sanding unit adjusts controls to correct speed and jogs material forward to drawing die.
- Reading the production order gathers the correct die size and jogs material through a die and aligns die properly.
- Responsible for adjusting two-rolls straightening machine and setting proper guide plates into two roll poilser and adjusting plates accordingly.
- The operator adjusts the CNC unit to polish and straighten the bar according to SMQ specifications and adjusts the chamfer heads to the
correct size bar to cut the bars in a point and chamfer on each end.
- The operator then takes the finished bar to the straightening table checks and records data on QC form taking the reading off the dial indicators of the straightening table, check Diameter using a micrometer and records data on QC form and determines wheter or not material is within spec and proceeds or makes secondary adjustments to the drawing unit to ensure corrects specifications.
- The operator then places the drawing unit in full run mode, gets the proper packaging material and placing into place on the offload table.
- Cuts a 12“to 16“ sample copies physical production order and logs onto ups shipping the sample to the lab in Carol Stream.
- The operator uses Sap to record data of the bundle or box of material produced and offloads the material using a scale crane to record the weight.
- Tag prints out and they label the product and store it into inventory.
- The operators then repeat all the steps of a new production order or continue with the current one until finished.
- High School diploma, GED or higher.
Shift: 1st shift with OT and some Sat
Time: 6:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Pay: $16.00 /Hour
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer