We are looking for few experienced Warehouse Supervisors to start in the brand new distribution warehouse in Plainfield, IL. Previous Supervisor experience managing a team of workers is a must!
- Warehouse Associate Training
- Assign new employee to mentor who will provide general training in the following areas:
- Receiving processes
- Picking / shipping / outbound processes
- Quality hold / returned goods procedures
- Inventory management and control procedures
- Sanitation and housekeeping procedures
- Evaluate trainee after one week and if progress is acceptable, assign new employees to mentor on specific account (s) for specific customer training.
- Evaluate progress weekly, until either trainee is capable of working independently without error or until trainee fails to demonstrate satisfactory progress.
- Update Facility Manager weekly on warehouse associate training.
- Provide new employee copy of employee handbook, review work rules with employee and hold them accountable for any company violations following appropriate progressive discipline (i.e. documented verbal warning, written warning, suspension, termination)
Inventory Management and Control
- Cycle Counts Assist in cycle counts for all accounts following procedures provided by customers and Facility Manager. Maintain complete, accurate cycle count records.
- Assist in full physical inventories as required by customers following procedures provided by customers and Facility Manager.
- Audit 10% of picked orders to verify the accuracy of qty, sku, condition of the product, condition pallet, and all necessary labels applied correctly. Any ASN orders must be verified to ensure data populated correctly on packing slip.
- Any discrepancies during picking, receiving, putaway process must be investigated and reported to inventory supervisor and management
- Conduct daily dock sweeps and investigate any pallets left off shipments. Quality Hold / Returned Goods / Damaged Goods Process
- Work with Customer Service Rep to identify, tag and segregate product placed on Hold by customers, product returned to the warehouse, and product damaged at the receipt or by warehouse personnel. Follow through with CSR to obtain timely disposition of product status.
- Designate a labeled “OS&D” area within the warehouse for all accounts, ensure all pallets are appropriately wrapped, placarded, and in the assigned area.
- Any damaged goods found in saleable inventory locations, must be immediately addressed, moved to damaged area, system adjustments performed, and management notified Safety and Security
- Maintain compliance with Midwest Warehouse safety and security procedures.
- Lift truck condition and operation
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with warehouse associates and request associate input for safety and productivity improvement. Report safety meeting agenda and results to the Facility Manager.
- Accident and injury reporting
- Doors closed/locked as required and building armed and secured at end of shift
- Any deficiencies in building security are immediately reported to the facility manager and documented • Authorized personnel only in the facility
- All visitors/guest to sign in and out Food Safety
- Provide a safe environment for food products and all related distribution services. Use an appropriate selection of product development, procurement, supply chain, transportation, storage, production, manufacturing, and distribution systems and supplies that ensure the safety and regulatory compliance of our products.
- Ensure the proper handling of safe products that comply with the applicable laws, regulations and Corporate Food Safety and Regulatory Affairs requirements. Provide the resources and support necessary to enable our employees to fulfill this responsibility
Equipment Maintenance and Repair
- Maintain equipment maintenance and repair and hour spreadsheet and distribute weekly to Facility Manager.
- Conduct equipment audits using appropriate form to ensure maintenance forms are completed and warehouse associates are completing daily inspections. Completed audit forms are turned into facility managers and maintained inappropriate file.
- Any equipment in need of repair, must be moved to the maintained area, appropriate out of service form completed, and copy given to facility manager
- At least 4 years of experience managing a team of warehouse employees
- Experienced in and able to train new hires
- Safety focused mentality necessary
- Able to meet and exceed deadlines
- Able to work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure the Warehouse runs smoothly
- Able to operate a sit down forklift and cherry picker, slip sheet a plus!
Hours: 3rd shift 8PM-430AM
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer