We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to start ASAP in the Chicago, IL plant. In this role you are responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production machines, buildings, forklifts and overhead cranes and for preventative maintenance of plant and production equipment.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning production and plant equipment and perform preventive maintenance tasks as assigned
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Lubricate the production equipment on a daily basis
- Replace broken belts, bearings, motors, electrical systems on the production equipment as necessary
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls for production equipment throughout plant
- Perform related duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of plant production machinery preferred
- Must have own hand tools.
- The Ideal Candidate will have the following experience: repair and maintain steel slitting and packaging equipment, PLC's, hydraulic cylinders; welding and machine shop skills working knowledge of mechanical inspection and repairs demonstrated mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance abilities
- Ability to work from sketches and or verbal instructions
- Experience in 3 phase electric and AC/DC control circuitry skills
- Ability to read diagrams a plus
- Experience with overhead crane repairs is a plus
- Experience with forklift repairs is a plus
- PLC diagnostic experience preferred
- HS diploma or GED required.
Hours: 1st shift
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer