We are looking for a 1st shift Maintenance Technician to start ASAP in the Glendale Heights,IL Warehouse.
The purpose of the position is to service, maintain, and upgrade existing production equipment and facilities as well as build new machinery.
This is a contract to hire position.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance, document associated tasks and parts used/replaced.
- Suggest program improvements.
- Repair machines and equipment. Install new or repaired parts as necessary.
- Offer technical support to Engineering and Production about equipment maintenance, process improvement, and overall manufacturing excellence.
- Be a resource for evaluating equipment to be purchased.
- Service, maintain, and assemble punch press dies and components.
- Develop prototype parts or fixtures via machining and fabrication.
- Suggest and implement improved designs to existing equipment components and systems.
- Assist in the storage and management of replacement parts and components.
- Troubleshoot and wire electrical control panels.
- Layout, assemble, install and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and other related equipment.
- Maintain all lift equipment.
- Coordinate, schedule, & perform all interior building maintenance including painting, floor care, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc. Maintain a physical building structure.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures. Offer suggestions to better protect all employees.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, including the use of common hand tools
- Experience with lathes, mills, and surface grinders
- Proficient use of measuring tools and equipment
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects at once
- Moderate electrical/control system proficiency
- Ability to work with people in all departments and levels
- 3 years of relevant experience in an industrial setting (apprenticeship applicable)
- Extreme self-motivation, resourcefulness, and desire to learn.
- Obtains and exudes solid core values and ethics.
- PLC and HMI troubleshooting and programming
- Automation maintenance and integration
- 5 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Welding and brazing
- Technical degree or certifications
- Basic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and ISO
- MS Office programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook
Hours: 7:30am-4pm or 8am-4:30pm
Pay: $20-35/hr B.O.E
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer