General Description Summary:
Our client in Rolling Meadows, IL is a leading supplier of health/medical supplies, sports medicine equipment and special-needs products to schools. They have been in business for over 60 years and are seeking a full time Service Center Technician. The technician is responsible for servicing and repairing their customers' hearing and vision screening machines. The technician has daily contact with customers via phone and e-mail to assist with technical questions, quotes or questions regarding existing or new orders. The technician will also assist with completing basic office and warehouse maintenance tasks. This position is full time, with benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive machine, perform diagnostics, call customer for approval, order parts as needed, perform repairs and calibrations, clean machines and return to customer.
- Assist customers directly or through the company's customer care department by answering technical questions.
- Generate service quotes for parts and labor.
- Maintain knowledge on new product technologies for medical device equipment.
- Provide service to customers dropping off or picking up machines.
- Support returns department with inspections on returned machines and provide status notes to customer service department.
- Provide service and answer questions for local customers picking up distribution center orders (Will Call orders).
- Assist in completing basic office and warehouse maintenance tasks: electrical, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, and grounds keeping.
- Personal organization & time management
- Occupational & technical knowledge
- Oral and written communications
- Works well with a team however can function independently on general tasks and repairs of equipment.
- Self-motivated individual with a strong attention to detail
- Technical experience or certification in servicing or repairing diagnostic equipment preferred but not required
- Use of electrical multi-meters a plus
- Basic soldering and use of hand tools
- Ability to read and comprehend calibration procedures from Technical Service Manuals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
Education: High School or GED required. Some college-level electronics technology schooling or training.
- Occasional travel for off-site jobs, trade shows or training.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Azimuth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with generous company match
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Tuition program
- Personal Fitness reimbursement program
- Stakeholders bonus