Our logistics client in Wheaton, IL is seeking an Office Coordinator/Customer Services for a Contract-to-hire.
- Assists in coordinating the transportation process and successful delivery of each and every shipment.
- This includes order processing, rate quotation, routing of freight, carrier selection, load tendering, scheduling delivery appointments, tracking & tracing of freight, customer service, and problem resolution
- Adheres to company policies and company goals (including but not limited to gross profit goals), and negotiating rates with carriers
- Ensures daily assigned tasks assigned are completed. Examples include morning emails, daily billing, formal quotes, updates to customer profiles, daily shipments, updates, and contact emails, etc.
- Confirms complete notes & contact information is available for every shipment, and that all team members have access to it.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Identifies opportunities for growth, or new business.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, and policies and procedures to new and existing clients.
- Assists with research and investigates other carriers to determine their reliability
- and safety standards in order to increase the carrier base.
- Possesses and maintains a knowledge of tradeshow logistics services.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required. Responsible for managing assigned customer accounts, and nurturing existing client relationships.
- Participates in meetings as required by management, and present updates on assigned customers.
- Travel on behalf of the company as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelos degree (B.A.) or equivalent is preferred, courses in transportation management is a plus.
- Logistics experience is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or
- groups at all levels of an organization.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as sales rates and gross profit percentages for client profiles.
- Excellent negotiating and problem resolution skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (mainly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Hours: M-F 1st shift 35-40 hours/Week
Azimuth LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer