We are looking to start a 3rd Shift Set Up Tech in our clients Bensenville, IL production Warehouse. In this role you would be setting up the equipment to ensure that it is running and ready for production.
- Make complete production set-ups by installing tooling into machinery and make necessary detailed machine adjustments to assure parts of optimum quality and in total conformance with specifications and customer requirements
- Regularly inspect manufactured parts for quality and conformance using measuring instruments when necessary.
- Post production data to the company's data processing system.
- Troubleshooting and problem analysis.
- Troubleshooting, problem analysis, and power testing of production machinery and equipment. Making minor mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs as needed
- Make any machine adjustments and fine-tuning to accomplish maximum running rates and minimum machine down time
- Maintain the machine log books and log preventative maintenance procedures under-taken daily. All log all problems encountered during production set-ups. Make quality checks as needed on inspection checklist.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on all machinery and equipment.
- Communicate with packers regarding problems identified by them and respond to such problems.
- Use "combo settings form" to document all machine settings.
- Communicate machine and part problems to the next shift set-up persons and/or supervisor
- Keeps work area clean and free of debris, grease and oil.
- Function as a back-up to production supervisor when required by maintaining the production schedule, log books and effective communications within the production department and other departments.
- Work in a safe manner.
- Follow all safety rules and practice safe lockout/tagout procedures
- Understand how to make minor mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic repairs on production machinery and equipment.
- Understand the procedures for inspection and installation of tooling.
- Understand the basic use and application of precision measuring instruments.
- Understand basic TCC computer skills to post production and print reports.
- Basic understanding of raw material; how to asses the quality of raw material, understand raw material part numbers, reading roll tags, and gauge, weight, and width considerations.
- Understand how to assess finished goods quality and conformance to specifications and customer requirements.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, prints, and schematics.
- Ability to read and understand documentation relating to raw materials, production and finished goods.
- How to generate documentation and the disposition of forms and documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with packers and supervisors in English.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics skills.
- Understanding of TCC's safety policies, safety equipment and illness and injury procedures.
- Forklift certification.
- Set-up persons must also possess the knowledge and skills required for the Packer position and material handler position.
- Basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to use hand tools as drills, wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, utility knives, sockets and ratchets.
- Able to use a crane and/or a die carts.
- Able to use personal computers to perform basic functions such as data entry and printing.
- Able to read and write.
- Able to use precise measuring equipment such as a scale, a micrometer or a dial caliper.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Hours: Mon-Fri 11pm-7am
Pay: $17-20/HR based on experience
25min lunch, 2 unpaid breaks
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer