We are looking for a few experienced ID/OD Grinders to start ASAP in the Chicago, IL production facility. This is a temp to hire opportunity!
- Works from complicated drawings, specifications and capabilities
- Interprets red line charts to blueprint specifications
- Involves a wide variety of material where chucking and alignment are critical.
- Select wheels, speeds, feeds and plan the sequence of operations
- Dress wheels to obtain the desired contour making necessary corrections
- Follow departmental procedure with regard to first piece and routine inspections.
- Under minimum supervision, critical setups are checked
- Meets quality standards on all assigned jobs
- Runs multiple machines coordinated with cycle times to meet performance standards on all assigned jobs
- Interprets specifications correctly
- Adjusts and sets equipment
- Runs multiple machines effectively while meeting production requirements
- Reports any unusual circumstances to lead-person immediately
- Uses suitable measuring equipment to ensure accuracy
- Maintains proper lubrication levels and hydraulic reservoir levels
- Obtains supervisor approval and instruction before attempting repairs
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- All other duties and activities as assigned or necessary
- Must have 3+ year related experience/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Incumbent must physically and mentally perform the job demands as listed above.
- Results oriented with the ability to pay strong attention to detail.
- Needs to be a pro-active self-starter that can work independently or with a team.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- The ability to handle high stress associated with high activity with tight deadlines.
- Handle multiple projects (multi-task) in a fast-paced organization with shifting priorities.
More about us at www.azimuthway.com
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer