We are looking for experienced Maintenance Mechanics to start working ASAP in our clients Bolingbrook, IL location. The is is a Direct Hire Opportunity!
The Mainteance Mechanic maintains mechanical equipment and facility to aid in the distribution of products in a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on and trouble-shoots the conveyor systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all material handling equipment as scheduled.
- Trouble-shoots and repairs all equipment in the DC.
- Ensures all service requests are completed in a timely fashion.
- Partners with Department Managers and Supervisors to assist in maintenance initiatives.
- Be able to access all areas of the facility and equipment as is needed to perform repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to disassemble and assemble all parts of machines and support equipment according to the manufacturers’ specifications.
- Be able to read electrical schematic.
- Have a basic understanding of hydraulic systems.
- Performs other general warehouse tasks as assigned.
Required Skills/Experience to succeed in role
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience repairing and conducting preventative maintenance of conveyor systems and forklifts
- Must be able to communicate on all levels.
- Must be able to work individually and as a team.
- Experience with training and safety of material handling equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Skills in the areas of plumbing, mechanical, and electrical.
- Basic ability to understand written and oral instructions in the English language.
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to trouble-shoot equipment (electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems).
- Ability to work overtime as needed during the week and occasional weekends.
- Ability to work alternative shifts to support vacation schedules.
- Flexibility in daily task assignment.
- Experience repairing Raymond material handling equipment is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. consistently.
- Ability to lift, bend, stand, and walk 12 hours a day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
Hours: 3rd shift Sun-Thurs 930p-530am, 1st shift Mon-Fri 6A-230pm
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer