We are looking for a few highly skilled Maintenance Technicians to start ASAP in the Production Warehouse for our client in Joliet, IL. This is a Direct Hire Opportunity!
The Maintenance Technician Performs set-ups, adjustments, preventative maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment. Also ensures optimal production and quality output of assigned equipment. May perform building and/or grounds maintenance, as needed. May supervise mechanics and/or contractors, as required.
- Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure on-time start-up and optimal performance of machinery.
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plan for and take corrective action. Make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Wiring new equipment, reading electrical schematics, developing schematics for new & existing equipment
- Fabricate parts for new & existing equipment, assemble automated systems from individual parts and subassemblies.
- Test equipment to check operation. Clear jams and set aside product for inspection and/or rework. Test equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Examine, test and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, and record data on appropriate forms. Check product for visual defects.
- Make preventative maintenance checks and inspection of assigned equipment ensuring safety and optimum performance. Report findings to supervisor/engineering and take appropriate action.
- Analyze and record causes of production delays.
- Train equipment operators on the correct use of equipment by reviewing requirements, SOP’s and adjustment techniques.
- Notify production and engineering of recurring problems, equipment malfunctions, and supplies needed. Take related corrective actions. Order replacement parts ensuring no loss in production time due to equipment maintenance and repair.
- Interface with Engineering on special projects.
- Follow all safety procedures and use necessary personal protective equipment. Ensure that all work meets regulatory requirements (OSHA).
- Observe “Lockout/Tagout” procedures while working on equipment.
- Report to work on time each day as scheduled, ready and prepared to fulfill all assigned job duties.
- Make recommendations for improving new and existing equipment &/or process.
Hours: 2ND Shift
- Two (2) years of collegiate-level technical or vocational training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four (4) years of previous equipment maintenance and repair experience, with one (1) year of work in an environment with a successful preventative maintenance program and a thorough understanding of manufacturing operation requirements.
- Proven skills in electrical (panel wiring & layout, AC / DC controls & drives, pneumatics, hydraulic, mechanical, PLC, robotics, HVAC and machine set-up. Shop equipment (lathe, CNC, milling, welding) ability. Proficient in the use of hand tools.
- Able to fabricate components and assemblies from drawings and concepts.
- High level of mental and visual acuity. Requires reaching, stretching, standing, lifting, bending and squatting. May need to lift over 100 lbs.
- PC literacy, TQM knowledge, and ISO familiarity preferred.
- Safety oriented self-motivated team player.
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer