Like to build things with your hands? Why not make a career out of it?
We are partnering with our panels and controls manufacturing client in Elmhurst/Glendale Heights area in their search for a rockstar Mechanical Assembler that is looking for a place to call home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpret assembly and elevation drawings
- Construct modular steel cabinets and copper buss assemblies
- Team player, able to work within a team environment
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Operate a forklift, with proper training
- Ensure proper protective equipment is worn at all times and tools or other equipment are properly used base on the task
- Follow control document procedures
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment
- Must be able to converse in English
- Must have knowledge of electrical symbols and schematics
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and drawings
- Must be able to use shop equipment and hand tools
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Perform basic math functions including an understanding of fractions and decimals
- Perform basic computer skills
- Must be a team player and have good attendance
- Must take direction, follow instruction and work with others with a positive attitude
Hours: Monday - Friday (6:00 AM to 2:30 PM)
This is a long-term contract position.
Azimuth is an equal opportunity employer